1. Information Collected Through StayGreen Oil Services
At StayGreen Oil (“SGO”), we know that our customers care about how we use, store or share their personal and financial information, and we want our customers to know how we collect and hold information and to be assured that we are committed to holding that information safely and responsibly. This privacy statement gives information about information that is collected, how it may be used, and how it is protected by SGO. SGO gathers two types of information through our Services: personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information. When you sign up with SGO, you establish a password-protected personal account for storing, organizing and creating your account profile. In order to establish your SGO account, we will need your name, email address and password. Additionally, when posting or bidding on an auction item or when using other SGO products or services, we will need the shipping address and billing name and address.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Personal Information. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill your auction, vendor selection and management, or other service offering transactions.
- Administrative Communications. We may send you service updates with information about SGO. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, so members may not unsubscribe from service announcements.
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions.
- Contests and Surveys. We may occasionally request Personal Information through surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. The Personal Information collected is only used for purposes of improving user satisfaction with SGO products and services, or in some cases, to notify winners and to deliver prizes. No Personal Information collected through these means is shared with or available to other third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes.
- Testimonials. SGO always seeks consent prior to posting any testimonial in which Personal Information is included.
- Customer Service. Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails, may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Combining Information. At times, we may combine Personal Information collected from our Services and other information you shared with us to customize our service to you and improve your experience. For example, we may recommend services or offers you may be interested in based on auctions you have participated in or what you have liked in the past.
- Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- Third Party Service Providers. SGO may share Personal Information with carefully screened third-party service providers to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested or that support the auction or vendor selection transaction in which you have participated. SGO has instructed these service providers not to store, retain or access your Personal Information except to provide our services to you.
- Third Party Communications. SGO also may share Personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. Such third parties to whom we transfer Personal Information for direct marketing purposes will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and SGO disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
- Forums. Through our Services, SGO may make available forums to which you are able to post comments and requests for support or information. These forums may include, for example, user comment functionality, feature requests, or user forums and blogs. Please note that any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to users of SGO Services and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain Personal Information (for example, if you have a “public” profile, your user name will appear next to a blog post or a user comment) will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, through these Services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SERVICES.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. SGO may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we do not share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of SGO, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
4. Updating Your Personal Information
SGO will make an effort to keep all your Personal Information up to date when you provide it to us. You can update your account information and change your password at any time. You will find this located under the “My Account” tab once you have logged into the system. If you have forgotten your password, you can set a new one by contacting our Customer Service team. If any of your Personal Information changes, or if you identify a mistake in our records, please use the account profile page on the SGO website, or contact us using the link in Section 10 ("Contact Us") and we will update your data.
SGO seeks to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect Personal Information about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services or that is stored by us. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Services or upload for storage in connection with the Services is so transmitted or stored at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 10 ("Contact Us") below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
7. Protecting the Privacy of Children
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 and are not directed at such children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. Please do not register at SGO if you are under the age of 18.
8. Third Party Sites
9. Changes and Notification
10. Contact Us
Please contact us to communicate any questions or concerns. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your request to:
StayGreen Oil (ATTN: Legal Dept.)
3616 Harden Blvd #133
Lakeland, FL 33803
11. Jurisdictional Issues
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part of the Services, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Services' availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.